Chickpea Shawarma Salad is jam-packed with flavour and nutrition. Enjoy this as a hearty plant-based meal the whole family will love. This recipe is gluten-free, sugar-free and easily customizable.
For the Shawarma Chickpeas
• 3 cups cooked chickpeas (2 15 oz cans drained and rinsed)
• 2 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
• 1 tbsp lemon juice
• 1 tsp cumin
• 1/2 tsp each coriander, garlic powder, cardamom, ginger, cinnamon, paprika, salt and pepper
• pinch of cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes if you want it spicy!
For the Salad
• 1 cup chopped kale per serving (plus a little olive oil for massaging)
• 1/4 cup diced cucumber per serving
• 1/4 cup diced tomato per serving
• 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley per serving
• a few tbsp pickled onions per serving (see notes)
• pita for serving, optional
For the Tahini Lemon Sauce
• 5 tbsp tahini (75 g)
• 1/4 cup lemon juice
• 1 tsp garlic powder
• 1 tsp sea salt
• 1 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
• water to adjust consistency
1. Prepare the pickled red onion if you haven’t already.
2. Massage the kale with 1/2 tsp of olive oil to soften. Set aside.
3. Chop the cucumber, tomato and parsley.
4.Whisk the tahini sauce ingredients together until smooth.
5. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the chickpeas, lemon and spices and heat through, about 5-10 minutes.
6. While they’re cooking, divide the kale, chopped veggies and pickled onions between 4 bowls or containers. Divide the chickpeas between each bowl then top each with tahini sauce. Serve with pita and if desired, hummus.
Yoghurt Cucumber Salad recipe is a really easy recipe. that is sure to become one of your favorite summer sides. With only five simple ingredients you can whip it up in just 5 minutes!
• 1 cucumber
• ½ onion
•1/4 Cup of Organic Plain yoghurt
• 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
• A pinch of pink Himalayan salt
• 1 tsp honey
1. Finely slice the cucumber and finely dice the onion. All really, really fine (1 cucumber,½ onion).
2. Add to a bowl and mix in the Yogat (1/4 cup Organic Plain yoghurt).
3. Finish off the salad with the vinegar, honey and salt
(2 tbsp white wine vinegar,1tsp honey, A pinch salt).
4. Mix well and let the salad rest for at least 2 hours for maximum taste.
Ratatouille Salad is a delicious blend of roasted eggplant, onions, yellow squash and red bell peppers. It’s a healthy Keto side or main dish with just 108 calories and 2g net carbs per serving.
For the Salad:
• 1 large eggplant
• 2 yellow squashes
• 1 red onion
• 1 orange bell pepper
• 1 red bell pepper
• 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
• ½ teaspoon dried thyme
• salt and pepper
• cup fresh parsley, chopped
• ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
• ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
• 1 teaspoon dried thyme
• 1 teaspoon salt
• ¼ teaspoon pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F and spray 2 cookie sheets with cooking spray.
2. Slice the eggplant into ½ inch disks. Cut the bell peppers and onions into quarters. Slice the yellow squashes into ½ inch disks. Use one cookie sheet for the eggplant and the other for the rest of the vegetables.
3. Brush the eggplant and yellow squash with balsamic vinegar.
4. Sprinkle with thyme, salt and pepper.
5. Bake for 50-60 minutes.
6. Flip vegetables every 15 minutes. Brush the undersides of the eggplant and squash with balsamic vinegar.
7. After 50 minutes, the onions, bell peppers and squash should be softened with some burn marks. The eggplant may still be undercooked in the middle, so cut one in half and check for doneness. If there is any white left, then return the eggplant to the oven and cook until insides are soft.
8. Chop all of the cooked vegetables. Add them to a large serving bowl.
9. Add dressing ingredients to a small lidded jar and shake until combined. Alternately, you can whisk the ingredients together in a small bowl.
10. Add dressing and parsley to the vegetables and mix until all the vegetables are coated.
Most importantly, whether you are on diet or not, this delicious highly nutritious Green Keto salad recipe for you with only plant fats and plant protein. It is also delicious and highly satisfying, not to mention very easy to make!
For the Salad:
• 1 Romaine Lettuce Heart
• 1 bunch Asparagus
• 1/2 cup Pumpkin seeds
• Grape seed oil (or oil of your choice)
• Himalayan pink salt to taste
For the Creamy Garlic Dressing:
• 1/2 cup Cashews (soaked for 4 hours and rinsed)
• 1 cup Water
• 1/2 juice from a lemon
• 1 tablespoon Organic yellow mustard (or mustard of your choice)
• 2 teaspoon Nutritional yeast
• 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
• Himalayan pink salt to taste
1. Wash and dry your lettuce and set aside.
2. Place pumpkin seeds on hot frying pan and roast on each side for few seconds; It doesn’t take long, so be careful, do not burn. Set aside.
3. Wash and cut asparagus on smaller pieces and steam for 3 minutes with salt.
4. Rinse under cold water.
5. Brush with oil and place on heated grilling pan or grill for a minute on each side. When ready, set aside.
6. Arrange lettuce leaves on a large plate; if they are too big, you may trim them.
7. Cut and peel avocado into quarters and arrange on top of the lettuce leaves.
8. Top with asparagus and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds.
9. Drizzle with creamy garlic dressing.
10. Sprinkle with grinned peppercorns.
This Spinach Blueberry Salad recipe is a delicious summer (or any time of the year) salad made with a mix of fresh berries, baby spinach leaves, feta cheese, and red onion. It is drizzled with an easy to make lemon-olive oil-mustard base dressing.
We love ours topped off with pecans but almonds would work just as well. Whether you serve it as a side dish for 4 or as an entree for 2, it is the perfect blend of savory and sweet.
For The Salad Dressing:
•3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
•1 tablespoon lemon juice freshly squeezed
•1 teaspoon dijon mustard
•1 clove of garlic peeled and minced
•½ teaspoon kosher salt
•¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
•For The Blueberry Spinach Salad:
•6 cups baby spinach washed and spin-dried
•¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
•1 ½ cups blueberries
•½ cup strawberries or raspberries washed and hulled
•½ cup crumbled feta cheese
•½ cup pecans or almonds lightly roasted
To make the blueberry salad dressing: Place all ingredients in a mason jar, put the lid and give it a good shake.
To Make the salad: Place baby spinach, red onion, blueberries, strawberries (or raspberries), feta, and pecans in a large bowl. Drizzle it with the dressing. Give it a gentle toss.
Taste for seasoning and add in if necessary. Serve.
A Few Helpful Notes: As in most recipes that use feta cheese as a garnish, I recommend tasting the saltiness of the cheese before adding salt into the dressing. You can then adjust the amount accordingly.
If you have in on hand, a splash of raspberry vinaigrette (approximately 1 tablespoon) takes this salad to the next level.
I highly recommend spending a few extra minutes to toast pecans before adding them into the salad. Doing so adds another layer of earthy flavor to the overall recipe. Also, you can swap pecans with other nuts like sliced almonds, walnuts, or even hazelnuts.
To Make Ahead: You can make this blueberry spinach salad a day before. To do so, prepare the salad ingredients and dressing and store them in separate airtight containers. Drizzle the salad with the dressing right before serving. Give it a toss and serve.
To Store leftovers: Place the leftovers in an airtight container and store in the fridge up to 2 days.
Broccoli almond soup is a naturally creamy dairy-free and perfect vegan recipe. Fresh broccoli and blanched almonds blend with aromatics and spices to create a richly flavored, filling soup you can serve up in 30 minutes or less.
• 1 tablespoon coconut oil
• 1/2 medium onion , finely chopped
• 2 cloves garlic , minced
• 1/2 cup blanched almonds
• 3 cups broccoli florets
• 2 teaspoons curry powder
• 1/2 teaspoon paprika
• 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
• 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
• 2 1/2 cups water
• 2 tablespoons almonds with skin on , toasted and chopped
• 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
•1 small red chili pepper , seeded and finely chopped
1. Add the onion to coconut oil in a soup pot and cook until softened. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds or so, until fragrant.
2. Add the almonds and cook until lightly browned. Add the broccoli and continue cooking for 5 minutes more, stirring occasionally.
3. Add the curry powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Pour in the water, reduce the heat, and simmer for 8 minutes, until the broccoli is tender but still bright green.
4. Prepare the topping by removing a few broccoli florets and chopping them. Mix with the chopped almonds, cilantro, and chili pepper. Reserve.
5. Use an immersion blender to puree the soup or transfer to a stand blender.
6. Serve topped with the broccoli, almond, cilantro, and chili pepper mixture.
Red Velvet Keto Smoothies are very simple to make, it doesn’t require heaps of produce. It has sufficient healthy fats, but it is low in carbohydrates. It gets its red color from the beets. They provide a wealth of nutrients including vitamins A and C, iron, and calcium.
• 2 cups coconut milk or almond milk
• 1 cups of ice cubes
• 1/2 avocado
• 1 small beet
• 2 tbsp of EatGoodFeelGood Coconut vanilla Protein
Whisk all the ingredients in a blender and mix until completely smooth.
1. Heat sesame oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Break the tofu into chunks and add to the skillet. Use a spatula to continue breaking the tofu down into a crumbly mixture. Cook tofu until browned, about 10 minutes.
2. Stir in onion, tamari, and rice wine vinegar. Cook until onions are tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in chopped garlic, water chestnuts, red pepper, cabbage, and almonds. Cook a few more minutes, until the peppers are slightly tender.
3. Prepare the almond butter sauce by combing the ingredients and stirring. Add half of the sauce to the skillet with the tofu mixture, stirring it to ensure all the pieces are coated.
4. To serve, scoop a spoonful or two of the veggie tofu mixture into the center of each butter lettuce leaf. Serve with reserved almond butter sauce or sauce of your choice.
This hearts of palm avocado salad is quick, simple and full of flavour, colour with a touch of crunch! A lemon basil dressing makes this a great summer keto vegetarian and vegan salad.
If you are looking for heart of palm recipe, try it in a salad! If you enjoy artichokes you will like palm hearts. They have a similar texture.
• 14 oz palm hearts jar or tinned, chopped
• 1 avocado pitted and chopped
• 8 cherry tomatoes halved
• ¼ cup walnuts chopped
• 1 cup microgreens or small salad leaves
1. In a small bowl whisk the dressing ingredients together.
2. Arrange the palm hearts, avocados, microgreens and cherrytomatoes on a serving place or dish.
3. Scatter the walnuts on top, then drizzle the dressing over the salad.
4. Serve immediately.
Paleo triple green kale salad ! Healthy easy Kale salad recipe with avocado, snow peas, and hemp seeds in light Asian soy-free ginger sesame dressing. Whole30, Keto, and vegan friendly. Follow the instructions to make this easy and delicious everyday healthy kale side dish to help you eat more leafy greens !
• 8-10 oz. Lacinato kale, aka tuscan kale, slice to small pieces
• 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
• 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil, alt. flaxseed oil
• 2 small garlic cloves, grated or crushed
• 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
• Pinch of coarse sea salt
• Snow peas, chopped, large handful
• 2 tsp coconut aminos
• 2 tsp aged balsamic vinegar
• 1 ripe avocado, sliced
• Scallions, chopped, small handful
• Orange zest, use a microplane
•Sprinkle with hemp seeds, as much as you like
1. Rinse and wash the kale thoughtfully. Pat dry. Lay a kale leaf on a cutting board and run a paring knife along each side of the center stem. Repeat until all the stems have been removed. Stack 4-5 layers of kale leaves and roll them up to slice into smaller pieces.
2. Combine chopped kale leaves with all the ingredients under “Part 1”. Use clean hands to gently massage the kale, rubbing the oil into the leaves for a few seconds.
3. Add “Part 2” of the ingredients. Give a quick toss and serve in room temperature or slightly chilled.